On my trip through Lower Silesia I also took a city trip to Wroclaw. Arrived there, I first got a view of the whole city. The best place to do this is the viewing level of the modern Sky Tower in Wroclaw.
The Sky Tower is the distinctive building of Wroclaw and is visible from a distance. With a height of 212 metres, it is the largest building in Wroclaw and the third largest in Poland. It was built between 2007 and 2012, and since modern buildings like this one are nowadays also thought of tourists, there is an accessible viewing platform on the 49th floor.
You have to buy the ticket in advance on the 1st floor in a ticket shop. In my opinion, this is somewhat inconspicuous – but it is signposted. With this ticket you have access to the elevator. The time of the visit is also determined by the ticket, as the visit is time-bound.
You can’t even look up and see if it works. In addition, only 20 people come up for a period of 30 minutes. This is regulated by the personnel. So if many people have already drawn a ticket before you, then it’s time to wait. The advantage of this arrangement is that you will have enough space at the top to take pictures and enjoy them. You won’t be crushed by crowds of people up here.
The elevator is not located in the Sky Tower, but only accessible from the outside. But it is signposted. Once you have reached floor 49 within one minute from the ground floor by elevator, you can enjoy the beautiful view of the city from Sky Tower in Wroclaw for 15 minutes. If the weather is fine, you can go far into the surrounding countryside.
From here, the prominent sights in Wroclaw look like miniatures. This is also due to the fact that the Sky Tower is not located directly in the city centre of Wroclaw. However, it is within 30 minutes walking distance of the city centre.
The visit was worthwhile for me. Even if the platform doesn’t offer a 360° view, but rather a 180° view, you can still see the entire city centre of Wroclaw.
The descriptions on the walls on which you can see which important buildings you can see where were also helpful. If you want to take a closer look at the buildings in the city centre, you should visit the viewing platform of Wroclaw Cathedral.
Tips for visiting the Sky Tower in Wroclaw
My hotel was only five minutes walk away. That’s why I was able to adapt to the regulations on the previous day. Here are some important tips to help make your visit to the Sky Tower in Wroclaw a wonderful experience.
- “The early bird catches the worm” is perfectly true here. So you can take the first group of tourists up to the top. In most cases, this is not yet 20 people. In addition, you must first find the ticket office. This is not easy at all, because the signage only leads you through half of the shopping mall. Who thinks evil. wink.
- Schedule to buy a ticket on the first floor first. After receipt of the ticket purchase your appointment with the elevator will be decided. The tickets are time-limited. If many people have bought a ticket before you, you may have to wait longer and stay in the shopping mall. There are no attractions in the immediate vicinity of the Sky Tower that you could just take a look at in the waiting time.
- There’s no toilets up there. You have to stay upstairs for 15 minutes. Only then does the elevator come down again. So make a short bladder check before the inspection.
- You cannot take trolleys and dogs with you to the Sky Tower in Wroclaw. When it comes to backpacks, I have the feeling that it depends very much on the respective staff. So it’s better to plan this sight with small luggage. Cause I haven’t found any lockers.
- The ticket sales and elevator staff speak hardly any English or German.
Further information about the Sky Tower in Wroclaw
Opening hours Sky Tower Wroclaw
- Monday: 09:00 – 20:30
- Tuesday: 09:00 – 20:30
- Wednesday: 09:00 – 20:30
- Thursday: 09:00 – 20:30
- Friday: 09:00 – 21:30
- Saturday: 09:00 – 21:30
- Sunday: 10:00 – 21:30
The last possibility to visit the viewing platform is half an hour before closing time.
Costs for visiting the Sky Tower
- Monday to Friday
- Normal: 11 Zloty
- Reduced: 6 Zloty
- Saturday, Sunday and public holiday
- Normal: 15 Zloty
- Reduced: 8 Zloty